Friday, March 29, 2013

Raw

I am intrigued by the concept of raw food.  Its not for me as a complete lifestyle choice because that would mean giving up this:

 
And roasts, eggs benedict, chocolate fudge... mmmmm
But I do feel we could probably benefit from eating a bit more raw foods.And when you think about it this should be fairly easy - its the ultimate fast food, no cooking required.  But strangely its not.  I think its because eating raw means being organised.  Case in point lunch Tuesday (2:30 pm A's nap time - you take it when you can get it), I reached into the pantry to grab a tin of baked beans (Watties of course).  I was thinking cheese and bean toasties but then I remembered I was trying to eat more raw foods.  10mins later I had this:


and it was good.  But the point is I needed to have a red cabbage, broccoli, chickpeas (which i had precooked sooo... not raw, shhh), in my fridge, nuts in my freezer, and a good quality vinaigrette.  And that involves good organisation.  Today it was a handful of ham, a few cherry tomatoes, and some crackers and humus, (cause I need to hit the supermarket again).  But hey, a little at a time.  Hopefully as I eat more raw, I will get more inspired and learn to shop better at the same time.

Wish me luck

And have a healthy week

*K*

PS.  If you need inspiration for raw food ideas try:
Kora Organics (yup, Miranda Kerr's Blog)
Kemis Raw Kitchen (Also see this months Peppermint mag)
 Goddess in the Raw, raw mocha brownies - now that doesn't sound like too much of a hardship!


No comments:

Post a Comment